How to Turn Anything into a Speaker - Invisible Speaker Technology by Feonic
Feonic use a massively powerful, yet non damaging, magnetostrictive smart material in our invisible speaker drives. Designed to convert solid resonant surfaces into high quality speakers. We don't make toy gadgets for lightweight surfaces like cardboard cereal boxes. But if you want to know how to turn anything into a speaker then we've been leading the field in high power invisible speaker technology for over 15 years.
The basic solutions - all our audio installations fall into one of these broad categories
- Glass Panel Speakers: Whispering Window - transform store windows into speakers
- Flat Panel Speakers : turn any surface into a speaker. Many materials for multiple applications. Home Audio : Stores : Floors : Walls : Ceilings : anything that sounds good when tapped i.e. resonant surfaces
- Hidden Speakers or fully Invisible Speakers : installed behind or under surfaces. Nothing can be seen. Often with significantly easier installation than solutions which require drywall or plasterboard to be cut open
- Invisible In Wall Speakers : the drive is inside a wall cavity or even install as under floor speakers
- Outdoor Deck Speakers : for wooden and composite decks. Robust weatherproof solutions - works under snow and pass stringent sea water tests
One Audio Technology : Endless Sound Opportunities
Listed below are just some of the solutions our customers have created or opportunities awaiting to be explored. Check out the links on the right to get to the many case studies. (note for mobile/tablet users these links are below).
Invisible Speaker Technology for the Home, Hotels, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants
Outdoor sound from the roof
- Home Cinema and Multi Zone Sound Systems benefit from having no visible speakers or grills
- Invisible Audio in every room of the house. No bulky boxes or wires on walls or ceilings
- An immersive ambient surround sound quality unlike anything that traditional point source speakers can create
PA or calming audio in Hospitals, Health Care Clinics and Clean Rooms
Traditional box speakers, horn speakers and speaker grilles can harbour dirt and germs. And are always difficult to clean. With a Feonic Invisible Speaker there are no boxes, horns or grilles. Just the original smooth, easy to clean surface.
- Infection Control Speakers: for hospitals and other sensitive areas
- Clean Room Speakers: enable steam proof cleaning and sterilisation
- Help keep patients relaxed with calming audio from in wall speakers or under floor speakers
- Invisible speakers for kitchen and restaurants
Large public spaces like Transport Hubs require intimate sound - banish the aggressive sound of the horn speaker
- Public Announcement (PA) Audio: vandal proof, secure, invisible. Ideal for everything from toilets to bus shelters
- Sound Reinforcement: increased audio with invisible PA using walls, floors or ceilings
- Public Address. PA System Speakers you can actually understand!
- Way Point Information: remote environment audio support/information - impervious to frost, snow, ice or rain
- Digital Signage Speakers: a tamper proof and weather proof solution for Interactive Advertising
- Zero Contact Communication: enable 2 way communication through bullet/bomb proof glass
Sound Artists and Experimental Multi Sensory Marketing Examples
- Sound Art Installations - turn anything into a speaker. Sound from resonant surfaces - if you can tap it for a pleasing sound we can help
- Pop Up Gigs. Outside broadcast street concerts without the hassle of outdoor PA equipment
Hidden Speakers in the Marine and Outdoor Environments
- Marine Speakers: negating the need for leak prone holes in boats - turn surfaces including wood, metal and grp into speakers
- Underwater Speakers: turn a boats hull into a speaker to enable communication with scuba divers/snorkelers
- Wet rooms / Saunas: resistant to high temperature and humidity
- Theme Park Rides: Driving the structures
- Outdoor Deck Speakers for garden and patios, at home or for bars and restaurants. Pleasing sound levels for all without "too loud" music hotspots. Equally suitable for wooden decks or composite decking materials.
Turn Surfaces into Speakers for business communication or office and boardroom privacy
Some things are better kept private. Invisible speakers aren't just for music or audio messages. We can mask sound to prevent eavesdropping or broadcast messages ultrasonically so no one can hear.
- Ultrasonic Data Delivery: to transmit detailed content to smart phones
- Eavesdropping Security: walls powered by Feonic become acoustically opaque
- Counter Espionage Security: Prevents Laser listening espionage through windows
- Portable/Embedded solutions: Presenter Pro, the Portable PA that fits in a bag or briefcase
And many more current and valuable applications for our highly developed vibration speaker product range. Enabling sound to be delivered where traditional speakers fail or are impractical.Can we turn anything into a speaker? Put us to the test. Contact us or explore the huge variety of audio solutions using the links below.
“We saw a sales increase of over 40% in the first week”