How to Turn Any Surface into a Speaker?
Install Pro Audio Invisible Speaker Technology by Feonic
Do you want to know how to turn any surface into a speaker? Feonic use a massively powerful magnetostrictive smart material in our invisible speaker drives. Engineered to convert solid resonant surfaces into high quality speakers. For the home, museums, galleries, sound artworks and for commerce such as retail stores and advertising. We don't make toy gadgets for lightweight surfaces like cardboard cereal boxes. Feonic lead the field in high end invisible speaker technology.
Trailer of the Weather Experience, Pommern - 100 days under sail
24 F1PRO Feonic Invisible Speakers mounted around the interior of the ship. Supported by 4 subwoofers.
From Kimmo Karjunen with Sound Designer Tuomas Fränti. On Vimeo.
SOUND | ANYWHERE. One Audio Technology : Endless Sound Opportunities
Explore just some of the solutions our customers have created.
Invisible Speaker Technology for the Home, Hotels, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants
Our surface speaker technology can be used for the primary channels of a home audio system. But they are more commonly used as supporting surround sound for 5.1 or 7.1 home cinema systems.
Choose our invisible speakers as a replacement for low profile speakers. Where the clean lines of interior design and aesthetics matter.
DATUK'S HOUSE: Malaysia
Multi room and outdoor sound from the roof (PDF)
ABU DHABI: Hotel Mirror TV Speakers for Invisible Sound. Audio in 250 rooms (PDF)
SINGAPORE: Home Audio, Invisible Speakers throughout the home (PDF)
- Home Cinema and Multi Zone Sound Systems benefit from having no visible speakers or grilles
- Invisible Audio in every room of the house. No bulky boxes or wires on walls or ceilings
- An immersive ambient surround sound quality unlike anything that a traditional low profile speaker can create
Sound Artists, Museums, Galleries and Innovative Interactive Advertising Examples
Ambient music, sound effects, public address and targeted messages without "too loud" hotspots. No echoes, no reverberation, no wires, no boxes, no clutter.
MAD GALLERY: Singapore - Ambient audiovisual soundscape (PDF)
TOPSHOP: London. Delilah Live Gig on Oxford Street
Click image above to watch the video.
Explore Retail Case Studies
- Sound Art Installations - turn anything into a speaker. Sound from resonant surfaces - if you can tap it for a pleasing sound we can help
- Under Floor, In Wall and In Ceiling Speakers for large open spaces - transform terrible acoustics with intimate sound gently broadcast from nearby surfaces. Under floor speakers means everyone is 1 to 2 metres from the same sound source. No echoes or reverberations. With multi-zone control for targeted audio too.
Pop Up Gigs. Outside broadcast street concerts from storefront windows.
No stage to build or outdoor PA equipment to source.
A world first.
PA or calming audio in Hospitals, Health Care Clinics and Clean Rooms. Ideal for commercial kitchens and restaurants
Low profile speaker grilles can harbour dirt and germs. And are always difficult to clean. With a Feonic Invisible Speaker there are no boxes or grilles. Just the original smooth, easy to clean surface. Crucial for cleanliness: ideal for clean lines.
Underfloor Speakers for calming ambient mood music in health care clinics (PDF)
Restaurant Invisible Sound from ceiling speakers Where hygiene and aesthetics are critical. Explore Application Case Studies
- Infection Control Speakers: for hospitals and other sensitive areas
- Clean Room Speakers: enable steam proof cleaning and sterilisation
- Help keep patients relaxed with calming audio from in wall speakers or under floor speakers
- Invisible speakers for kitchen and restaurants. People want sound not loudspeakers.
Large public spaces like Transport Hubs require intimate sound - banish the aggressive sound of the horn speaker
Loudspeakers and large open internal spaces don't work. Speech intelligibility is ruined by echoes and reverberations. Our surface speaker technology can fix that.
PA from the timber church roof
SINGAPORE: Digital Signage with Feonic windows in bus stands
Virgin Atlantic: London. PA + Digital Signage in Transport Hubs. Explore Digital Signage Case Studies
- Public Announcement (PA) Audio: vandal proof, secure, invisible. Ideal for everything from toilets to bus shelters
- Sound Reinforcement: increased audio with invisible PA using walls, floors or ceilings
- Public Address Speech Intelligibility: PA System Speakers you can actually understand!
- Way Point Information: remote environment audio support/information - impervious to frost, snow, ice or rain
- Digital Signage Speakers: a tamper proof and weather proof solution for Interactive Advertising
- Zero Contact Communication: enable 2 way communication through bullet/bomb proof glass
Hidden Speakers in the Marine and Outdoor Environments
Our robust solid state smart material technology is equally at home outside and inside. Impervious to dust and dirt. Waterproof to IP55. Passes rigorous Japanese salt water tests. Ideal for a wet room or a sauna with the drive outside resulting in sound inside.
OUTDOOR DECKING: convert a deck surface into a speaker (PDF)
MARINE HULLS: Underwater Speakers - convert metal, grp, wood, glass into a speaker (PDF)
- Marine Speakers: negating the need for leak prone holes in boats - turn surfaces including wood, metal and grp into speakers
- Underwater Speakers: turn a boats hull into a speaker to enable communication with scuba divers/snorkelers
- Wet rooms / Saunas: resistant to high temperature and humidity
- Theme Park Rides: Driving the structures
- Outdoor Deck Speakers for garden and patios, at home or for bars and restaurants. Pleasing sound levels for all without "too loud" music hotspots. Equally suitable for wooden decks or composite decking materials.
Turn Surfaces into Speakers for business communication or Sound Masking for office and boardroom privacy
Some things are better kept private. Invisible speakers aren't just for music or audio messages. We can mask sound to prevent eavesdropping or
broadcast messages ultrasonically so no one can hear.
- Ultrasonic Data Delivery: to transmit detailed content to smart phones
- Eavesdropping Security: sound masking walls powered by Feonic become acoustically opaque
- Counter Espionage Security: Prevents Laser listening espionage. Sound masking for windows
- Portable/Embedded solutions: Presenter Pro, the Portable PA that fits in a bag or briefcase
The basic solutions - all our audio installations fall into one of these broad categories
- Glass Panel Speakers: Whispering Window - transform store windows into speakers
- Flat Panel Speakers : turn any surface into a speaker. Many materials for multiple applications. Home Audio : Stores : Floors : Walls : Ceilings : anything that sounds good when tapped i.e. resonant surfaces
- Hidden Speakers or fully Invisible Speakers : installed behind or under surfaces. Nothing can be seen. Often with significantly easier installation than solutions which require drywall or plasterboard to be cut open
- Invisible In Wall Speakers : the drive is inside a wall cavity or even install as under floor speakers
- Outdoor Deck Speakers : for wooden and composite decks. Robust weatherproof solutions - works under snow and pass stringent sea water tests
“We saw a sales increase of over 40% in the first week”
There are many more current and valuable applications for our highly developed vibration speaker product range. Enabling sound to be delivered where traditional speakers fail or are impractical.Can we turn anything into a speaker? Put us to the test - Contact us.